Sturgeon Point Lighthouse is located north of Alpena and about five miles north of Harrisville.
The light still works and is maintained by the U.S. Coast Guard.
Made of brick masonry on an ashlar limestone foundation, the light station was built in 1869 by the United States Light House Board. The Board was in the midst of a lighthouse building boom on the Great Lakes due to increased maritime traffic, during which time, hundreds of such light houses were built.
Today, while still in operation, it is one of the most visited sites in northern Michigan.
Growing up on a dairy farm in southeastern Indiana, Gary traveled very little until midlife, when the opportunity became available to him.
Grabbing his camera and a bag full of equipment, he began his vision quest traveling to most areas of the United States and several countries abroad.
Along the way he collected several thousand photographs that he wants to share with everyone.
Gary decided the best way to accomplish his goal was to publish photo documentaries on the various areas of the world he has visited.
What will follow will be several photography books, who knows how many will wind up in his collection.
To contact Gary: