Written By: Gary Wonning
I had just started school the previous fall, and I was rapidly becoming addicted to the state religion, high school basketball. Besides doing farm work, being a cowboy and playing basketball soon took up all the time a young boy could muster.
Three days after Christmas in nineteen-fifty, our house caught on fire. The fire began in the kitchen behind the stove; we think the faulty electrical wiring was the cause of it. In those days the electrical wires were made of aluminum and copper pennies were often stuck behind the fuses to prevent them from blowing out at the most inopportune times.
His travels have taken him to most of the United States, as well as Australia, Belize, Egypt and the Canary Islands.
He has studied the Mayan culture of Central America as well as the aborigines of Australia. Photography has given him the opportunity to observe life in various parts of the world.
He has published several books about his adventures.
For more information, please consult his website,www.journeysthrulife.com.
Your comments are welcome